1. Open a new image 400x50
pixels, resolution: 200/pixels per cm, raster background, 16 million
colors, transparent background. Save this image as "message.psp".
2. Flood fill your canvas with black.
3. Selections/Select All; then
Selections/Modify/Contract and enter 1 pixel.
4. Flood fill with white.
5. Change your foreground and background colors
to red. (I used the red from the mouse's cap: #E14C49)
6. Click on your Text Tool (create as Vector)
and type your greeting with the font of your choice. Arrange
your text so that it is to the right side of your canvas:
(I used the font Harrington, Size: 30, Stroke: 1 and Bold)
7. Change your foreground color to a medium gray (#808080).
8. Add a new raster layer using your Paintbrush
Tool add the following detail, then paint inside the gray with
(image enlarged and cropped)
9. Duplicate this image and minimize the
10. Make your
bottom layer active and add a new raster layer then Select All
11. Apply a Cut Out with the following settings:
12. Add a new raster layer and
repeat the cut out, changing the Vertical and Horizontal settings to
13. Merge all layers
and save as "message1.psp".