(Click on the above graphic for an
explanation of the FBN skill ratings.)
This tutorial was written using Paint Shop Pro 7.
It should work with PSP6, although the tools may look different.
1. Open a new image 800x800, transparent, 16 million
2. Add two new layers:
Name the first new layer "Horizontal" (layer 2)
Name the second new layer "Outer Frame" (layer 3)
(See image below for layer placement)
3. Activate (highlight) Horizontal layer.
4. Double click selection tool and enter the following settings:
5. Flood fill your selection with wood pattern.
6. Apply inner bevel with the following settings:
7. Duplicate this layer and rename new layer Vertical.
8. Rotate left, 90 degrees (this will keep our shadows in perspective).
MAKE SURE ROTATE ALL LAYERS IS NOT
9. Move the Vertical layer below the Horizontal layer. (Outer frame layer should
remain your top layer.)
10. Activate (highlight) Outer frame layer.
Double click selection tool and enter the following settings:
13. Flood fill with wood pattern
14. Apply inner bevel (same settings as before).
15. Deselect. (Ctrl +D)
16. Now we need to "miter" our joints.
(If you absolutely hate detail work, you can click
here to download my window
selection(s). Unzip to your PSP Selections folder. Skip to Page
17. With Outer frame layer still active, zoom in on one of the four outer joints.
We want to erase the area in yellow, as shown below:
18. Repeat for the other three "joints" on your outer frame.
19. Now we want to miter our inner joints.
Make your Horizontal layer active and erase the area in yellow, as shown below:
On to Page
people have visited this page
Work & Graphics Designed by Cathy
Copyright © 1999 - 2003 by Cathy.
All rights reserved.
Revised: April 06, 2008.